Engine Short Blocks or Long Blocks rebuilt by us are guaranteed against defects in workmanship and materials as follows:
SHORT BLOCKS-PASSENGER CARS: For Ninety (90) days from date of invoice or 4,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Product Warranty Only. No Labor Allowance.
BASIC LONG BLOCKS & PREMIUM LONG BLOCKS-PASSENGER CARS: For Twelve (12) months from date of invoice or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Product Warranty Only. No Labor Allowance.
RACE ENGINES (Claimer/Stroker): have no warranty other than initial start-up.
TRUCKS, BUSSES, TRACTOR, INDUSTRIAL, MARINE: For Thirty (30) days from date of invoice or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Product Warranty Only. No Labor Allowance.
LABOR ALLOWANCE IS INCLUDED for Long Block X-tra and Premium Long Block X-tra on date of original purchase, (pays $35.00 per hour via ALLDATA warranty). City Motor Supply, Inc. must approve any LABOR ALLOWANCE up to a maximum of $400.00.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS NOT AN UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY OF FAILURES OR HAZARDS.
THE TERMS OF THIS WARRANTY BEGIN ON THE DATE THE PRODUCT IS DELIVERED TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER AND IS NON-TRANSFERRABLE TO ANY OTHER PARTY OR INDIVIDUAL.
There will be NO WARRANTY adjustments beyond the above time and mileage limitation of a City Motor Supply, Inc. engine.
CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
The warranty applies to the entire product sold by City Motor Supply, Inc., but DOES NOT APPLY to:
- Damage as a result of overheating, lack of lubrication or contamination.
- Repair or replacement required as a result of an accident or misuse.
- Damage as a result of abuse of engine for competition, racing or related purposes or for purposes other than that for which the unit was originally designed.
- Repair or service of the engine by anyone other than City Motor Supply, Inc., unless authorized in advance in writing by City Motor Supply, Inc.(does not include consumer maintenance required under this warranty).
- Damage resulting from detonation or pre-ignition. Nor does it provide coverage for damages resulting from faulty electrical, computer, turbo components, or fuel related components.
- Oil, anti-freeze, filters, spark plugs or other consumable replacement items.
- Diagnostic times for problems not related to parts and services not provided by City Motor Supply, Inc.
- CMS engines modified by the customer, including camshafts, etc.
PURCHASER OBLIGATIONS FOR THIS WARRANTY TO REMAIN IN EFFECT INCLUDE:
- Have motor oil and filter changed 500 miles after delivery and then at intervals of no more than three-thousand (3,000) miles.
- Provide receipts to evidence compliance with the above conditions at the time of making any claim under this warranty. Receipts must be printed and issued
- by a firm or commercial operation, which performed the work.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to check motor oil and coolant levels, to monitor gauges and lights and to insure proper engine operation.
- Remove debris or foreign material in the intake and/or air boxes from previous engine failure on 1.9 and 2.0 Ford Escort/Focus. A minimum of $300.00 will be charged for repair if engine fails due to previous foreign materials.
- Products thought to be defective must be delivered, out of chassis, at purchaser's expense, to City Motor Supply, Inc., 11670 HARRY HINES, DALLAS, TEXAS 75229.
- The duty of City Motor Supply, Inc. is to repair the product. City Motor Supply, Inc. shall have no liability for consequential or incidental damages, including without limitation, towing charges, storage charges, car rental charges or damages to other parts or units not furnished by City Motor Supply, Inc. as part of the engine or long block assembly.
- City Motor Supply, Inc. has no liability or responsibility for any work done on an engine or long block assembly by any person other than itself unless authorized in writing in advance by City Motor Supply, Inc.
ENFORCEMENT OF WARRANTY
Engine Short Block Assembly (without cylinder heads, oil pump, oil pan and valve lifters), Basic Long Blocks and Premium Long Blocks thought to be defective must be delivered, out of chassis, for inspection and correction to City Motor Supply, Inc. 11670 HARRY HINES, DALLAS, TEXAS 75229, 972-484-2611.
Parts or workmanship covered by this warranty and found defective will be repaired at the expense of City Motor Supply, Inc. If inspection reveals damage or failure caused by factors not covered by this warranty, there will be a charge made for all parts and labor used in repairs. Including damaged engine block or head cores.
LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY LIMITS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO THE SAME PERIOD OF TIME AS THE EXPRESS WARRANTY. Some states do not allow a limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.